Question # 1
• Read Philippians 2:19-24.
• Timothy had genuine concern for the things of Christ and this church body, not his own interests.
• Consider a few people that you have known who have the same love and interest.
• What did they do? What didn’t they do?
• What have you learned from their way of life? How is this different than the way you think and love?
• Read Philippians 2:25-30
• Epaphroditus risked his life for the sake of the gospel and the church.
• What risks of life has God called you to take for Christ, his gospel, and the church?
• Who are the influential men and women you have read/listened to/studied who have influenced you to trust Christ and take risks?
• Speaking of Epaphroditus, Paul gave the directive to the Philippian church to “receive him in the Lord with all joy, and honor such men.” (v. 29)
• How do you give honor to the men and women in the church who have laid down their lives for the church? Have you learned any practical ways to do this that you can share with us?
• Pastor Steve encouraged us to lay down our lives 25-50 cents at a time.
• What does this look like on a daily basis for you?
• What do choices of sacrifice (big and small) look like for you personally-in your family and in the church?